Monday, August 23, 2010

"If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced."


"If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." -Vincent Van Gogh
This quote jumped off the page at me when I was looking around for something to talk about this week. I think it stands out to me because when things get difficult for me I tend to have a little voice inside my head saying "you can't do this," or "damn! I just want to give up!"
This quote urges to not ignore that voice but to prove that voice wrong, and that seems easier than just ignoring it. What pisses you off more than someone telling you you aren't capable of doing something? For me, nothing really. I know what my strengths and weaknesses are for the most part and I try to take advantage of all of them but for someone else to try and tell me what they are without even knowing me, makes me furious.

Let someone else's words be your fuel for success. If you have someone that is trying to hold you back and keep you from accomplishing your goals by telling you that you can't accomplish your goals, then several things should happen.. 1. Is that person really trying to help you or better you in any way? 2. If the answer to #1 is No, then why are they in your life? Get rid of people who aren't helping you better yourself or at least encouraging you to do so. Life is too short to be around people who don't truly care about you. Think about that.. it should be common sense but we all do it.. we all have someone in our lives who tries to bring us down. Who says they have to be in your life?? YOU make your decisions based on whats best for you, not anyone else.

If you have anything to add please let me know! Or if you are having a problem with this type of person send me an email and I'll try and help you sort through the problem.

Remember always, positive thoughts = positive emotions
Peace, Love, & Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word of the Day

Quote of the Day